Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wiener Nationals!

Well, its that time of year again! Miles and I were officially "crazy dog people" today! We took Duncan and Dixie down to Qualcomm Stadium for the 2009 Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals (a.k.a. the wiener dog races!!).

I am very proud to report that both dogs made it to the finish line this year and won their heats, although neither one had a fast enough time to qualify for the semi-finals.


There were hundreds of wiener dogs in attendence - I don't have an exact count, but last year there were around 500 and it looked just as busy this year.




Tabatha was a great sport. She hung out in the stroller or on my back most of the time just taking in the sights, there was no way she was going to close her eyes and take a nap!


Miles waiting at the finish line

Tabatha and I loading Duncan into the shute


Dixie's turn...


Run, Dixie, Run!!!


The wiener nationals wouldn't be complete without a stop at the Wiener Wagon - yum, corndogs!




Taking a break in the shade, it was hot out!

Joy and Wally are visiting, so the came with us. (It really helped to have the extra hands to manage the dogs and miss Tabatha during race time)

No comments: